You Can Make a Difference!
How can I -- just one person -- make a difference? Let us count the ways!
Support This Project
- Join a movement to place anti-police-state posters, stickers, jokes, and more, all across America -- a movement to raise awareness of what is happening ... and build resistance to it. That's us. We provide the poster art and such, along with tips on how to reproduce it cheaply. As a bonus, we have links to sites where you can get shirts, mugs, tote bags -- lots of things -- with sharp, freedom-oriented messages that you can display in public.
- Get other people to to the same. We'll make it easy. Just click on this link to send an email to anyone you like -- we've even provided a stock message in case you don't want to compose your own:
Tell my friends! [We can't even make a record of this email -- it all happens in the privacy of your own software. This link is designed for MS Outlook, so if it doesn't work in other programs, you're on your own.]
Vote for us by clicking the image at right. As long as we're ranked in the top 25 here, we'll get more targeted traffic from freedom-minded visitors.
- Ambitious? Set up a mirror site, copying all the contents you find here (you have our permission and encouragement!). Freedom of speech will be the last right to fall to tyranny, but if and when it does, the more widely distributed the ideas of freedom are, the more likely we'll be able to reverse the trend and restore liberty.
- Contribute your creative efforts, too! Send an email to HomelandSecurity1@welcome.to describing what you have, or perhaps attach a thumbnail image so we can see your work. We can arrange the details of submitting your work then.
Help us out by placing this banner on your page!
Link directly to http://www.kentvancleave.com/HomSec/homesec.htm
instead of http://welcome.to/HomelandSecurity1 so
visitors will be spared pop-up windows. Thanks!
- Talk, talk, talk. At every opportunity, voice your worries about the developing police state.
- Call in to talk radio programs to discuss the subject and mention our "cookie-cutter" tools for building resistance to a police state.
- Share with everyone you know any articles you find online (at news and opinion sites like LewRockwell.com, WorldNetDaily.com, SierraTimes.com, and Wired.com -- and advocacy sites like CCOPS.org, FFF.org, EFF.org, ACLU.org, JPFO.org, FEAR.org, FIJA.org, etc.) about this serious problem -- or other problems related to eroded liberty.
- Write letters to the editor of your local newspaper. But don't stop there! You'd be surprised how easy it is to submit your letter by email to the big metropolitan newspapers -- the New York Times, the L.A. Times, the Dallas Morning News, etc. Just look them up in a search engine like Google.com.
- Don't forget your church, temple, or mosque! Your neighbors who attend are almost by definition concerned with doing the right thing. They may be strongly motivated to act on this project when you show them how important it is!
- Civic, philanthropic, student, or fraternal organizations are other important resources. Again, these are caring people who want to make a positive impact on society. Help them understand how to do it!
- Contact your members of Congress, with a brief letter or a phone call or a fax. Email is better than nothing, but it won't get much attention. Tell them you expect them to honor their oath to support and defend the Constitution -- and that doesn't include passing legislation that violates its protections.
Promote Other Freedom Groups
- Join organizations that promote the sort of real liberty envisioned by our Founders: FFF.org, Free-Market.net, CCOPS.org, JPFO.org, FEAR.org, FIJA.org, etc. You can find them from our links page.
Inexpensive Color Copies
We've spent quite some time searching for companies who have good prices for bulk orders of color copies. For 11"x17" copies, prices lower than 60 cents per copy were rare. Then we found On Time Publications, who offer their first 50 copies at $1.18 each, and additional hundreds at only 39 cents per copy! Their $7.00 shipping charge seems reasonable, too. They offered to send us a color proof we could check before approving the full run. We haven't done that yet, but think it's worth putting this information online for anyone who wants to move faster than we do!
We hope these ideas have been helpful. And we can get you started with the first one right now. Just continue on to the 'Cookie-Cutter' Tools for Your Use page. Again, you can also select a topic from the menu at the bottom of each page.